You have heard about Social Bookmarking sites such as Delicious, Digg, Stumble-Upon and more….but how and why should you use them? Social Bookmarking is a great way to share your content and to bookmark articles/blog posts/and websites that are important to you. What are some of the benefits?
- You can efficiently organize your content and your bookmarked sites by labeling them according to key words- (known as as tagging). When you “tag” your content and bookmark it into your profile- you make it very easy for the content to be found not only by you- but by others in your network.
- Social Bookmarking communities are a great way to build authentic relationships by sharing comments, content and links with one another.
- These communities are often used by bloggers and journalists for searches.
- This is a great way to research trends and get an idea of what people are talking about within your field.
- Adding content to social media communities often results in better search engine authority if you use your keywords when giving titles to your bookmarks. I have found this to be especially true of Digg and Delicious.
- Adding your content to these communities will give it a longer shelf life by allowing it to be seen by more eyes; hence deepening your footprint on the Web (a phrase we like to use around here!).
If you are still confused about How Social Bookmarking works and Why You ought to consider it- check out this helpful tutorial……