I often come across a number of business owners who are true experts in their field. Their minds are filled with wonderful insight and ideas about their industry, but do not know how to translate their knowledge into brilliant blog posts and articles. Social media expert Chris Brogan recently compiled a list of questions business owners can ask themselves to generate better content to support their inbound marketing efforts. Here are some of the questions to think about when you feel “stuck”:
Blog and Article Topics to Get You Unstuck
- What challenges are my potential customers facing? Do I have any advice for them?
- What have I read lately? What points were interesting? Can I add more to it?
- What bugs me? Can I write about another way to approach it?
- Who do I admire? Can I write something about them that explains how to emulate those traits?
- What has the potential of helping (hurting) me or my community in the coming months? Are there possible ways out of it?
- What kinds of tools are missing from my environment that would help things along?
- Which companies or parts of an industry might benefit from my ideas?
- How do other industries compare to what my community is thinking about?
- What kinds of thoughts will inspire my audience to contact me (or support a cause, or buy my product, or support my interests)?
- What do I want to know that I can ask my community?